Friday, August 21, 2009

already falling for fall...

It's still sweltering here in North Carolina. There is no need for anything other than a tank top and cotton skirt. Even that much sometimes feels like too much. So excuse me for longing for the fall. I want to feel that autumn crispness, I want to see faces pink with cold, I want, for the love of all things holy and good, to be able to wear jeans. These pictures, from the fall catalog of Toast, aren't helping. I love the mustard yellows and dark blues and touches of pink and orange in these images. And I want to live in a drafty old cottage where one needs to be wrapped up in beautiful scarfs and wear worn leather boots. Come on, fall, I need you.




2 comments:

  1. I adore fall clothing! I'm sad I won't be able to wear that as much being in LA :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. A British summer brings with it no shortage of gloomy weather and opportunities to wear jeans, but I still share your longing for autumn. In fact, the gloomy weather is what makes me want it to be autumn. Warm weather and muggy grey skies are not the best combination. Grey skies should come with chilly autumnal weather!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails