Monday, October 5, 2009

sleeping under the stars (and with the moon)


I knew falling for a good ol' southern boy was going to get me in trouble.

I'm not only a true blue northeasterner, but I'm also very much a city girl - preferring to walk around city streets than paths through the woods. I've only landed here in NC for graduate school and while I do, surprisingly, enjoy a great deal of the laid back attitude and slower pace - I haven't gone country. Well, it looks like I may have to. The bf has taken me on hikes, but he has his heart set on camping - something I have never done. So sometime this month, before it really gets cold, this fan of cozy big beds is going to be sleeping on the cold hard ground. The truth is - I am looking forward to it (a little bit) because I do love a good night sky. And, perhaps, it would be lovely to fall asleep beneath one as long as the sleeping bag is warm and the insects stay distant...





"private" moon and stars by Russian artists, Leonid Tishkov and Boris Bendikov

3 comments:

  1. Love those images. They really remind me of a book I just read, STARDUST, by Neil Gaiman. I loved it. It's a very sweet and smart fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny, I am sure you will have a blast. Bug spray will be a must though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    My name's meaning in my language is moonlight. So i like moon photos and fairy tales a lot. Sleeping under stars and the moon must be one of the best things in the life. I hope you've enjoyed a lot.

    Luna.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails