Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Masquerade

I have never been to a masquerade ball, but I have attended my fair share of themed events and I wish I could count a masked party among them. Halloween parties are different, though fun, they can be corny and there are always people far more (or less, depending how you look at it) dressed up than others. There is also a definite difference of opinion there- some folks love costume parties , while others dread them. I think a masquerade is the perfect compromise- you wear your own clothes, but everyone hides behind a mask -the best of both worlds. Plus, it is a challenge wearing the whole costume from the neck up!

While dreaming of an invite to the nearest masquerade ball, I checked out the mask selection available these days, pretty amazing. Imagine how cool it would be to look out at a sea of these faces at your next gathering....


Mpurr, silver Venetian cat mask courtesy of ladyinthetower


Venetian mask courtesy of AmyLeahArt


Green With Envy courtesy of MrsBagwellsMasks


The Last Nighthawk courtesy of beadmask


Columbine mask courtesy of sparksart
Handmade Venetian Mask, Palest peacock courtesy of AngelbabyArt


Green Man Mask (Autumn) courtesy of CrimsonSpark
Madame Butterfly courtesy of TheNobleDragon

1 comment:

  1. I love the cat. Meow. I've always wanted to go to a Masquerade ball! Plus, I adore that number in Phantom!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails