Friday, October 2, 2009

a dream...

This plan, illustrated by Maira Kalman, is not quite a possibility for me this weekend, but I am going to stop admiring Kalman's work from afar (and on the nytimes) and buy one of her books.

I own way too many books and I've decided that I'm only going to add to my collection if it's something I will reread many times (poetry) or something that I love (art) or something, of course, that covers both criteria (children's picture books). And, you know, she has illustrated Strunk and White's "The Elements of Style" and as an English teacher I should own a newer version than the paperback copy I still have from college. And if I am going to buy myself a required text than I deserve to go ahead and treat myself with "The Principles of Uncertainty," right? (It's the art of justification a beautiful thing?)

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails