Monday, June 29, 2009

Dangling Art


I love a mobile. I immediately fall for any space that has one. Originally I was a giant fan of the nursery mobile, but now I realize that they can be worked into so many rooms. Why not hang happiness wherever you please?
This "grown up" mobile brought me to the frazier & wing site. It features the incredible work of artist Heather Frazier and I was hooked. She works with die-cut card stock and the result is always a lush, delicate cascade.

Julie Frith is another artist of mobiles. Her pieces have a very modern look and are made from eco-friendly plastic. I am mesmerized by the "Mobius" in all white-seems very peaceful.


Frith mobile images courtesy of humboldt1.com

On a recent beach vacation I saw the most beautiful shop window display. It was mobile of blown glass starfish. I wish I had taken a photo, but I did find the glass stars and you can imagine how lovely they would be as dangling art...


Image courtesy of lukeadamsglass via Etsy

I could not resist including some nursery/ children's rooms' mobiles- first love never fades.




Images courtesy of potterybarnkids.com


1 comment:

  1. beautiful post. I love, love mobiles too. the blown glass stars are incredible!! can't wait to check out that frazier and wing site. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails