Thursday, April 21, 2011

my kind of princess


I understand the Disney Princess craze sweeping the nation is troubling to many parents (see the recent success of Peggy Orenstein's book Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture). If my daughter was not as enthusiastic about searching for slugs as she is about Belle from "Beauty and the Beast", I may be concerned about the princess effect too, but since I am not immediately distressed.....I really like these ribbon sculpture barrettes of the Disney Princesses.

What I like about them is that they are not so commercial or "girlie-girl". The designs are recognizable, but minimal and simple. They are little pieces of ribbon art really- and I'm charmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails