Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thirteen

Won't you let me walk you home from school?
Won't you let me meet you at the pool?
Maybe Friday I can
get tickets for the dance
and I'll take you

Won't you tell your dad, "Get off my back"?
Tell him what we said 'bout 'Paint It Black'
Rock 'n Roll is here to stay
Come inside where it's okay
and I'll shake you

Won't you tell me what you're thinking of?
Would you be an outlaw for my love?
If it's so, well, let me know
If it's "no", well, I can go
I won't make you

-"Thirteen", Big Star

"Thirteen" by Big Star- in my opinion it is one of the best little love songs going, but if you don't want to take my word for it....

"Chilton wrote this acoustic ballad about two kids in love with
rock & roll, featuring the deathless couplet, "Won't you tell your dad
to get off my back/Tell him what we said about 'Paint It Black.' " It's
simple musically; as Chilton said, "I was still learning to play and stuff." It never came out as a single or got any radio play, but "Thirteen" is one of rock's most beautiful celebrations of adolescence." - Rolling Stone
Do yourself a favor and listen. Tune into the teenage heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails