Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Vivi minus Bootsie

So these altered comic strips are reflective of me now - a little strange and lonely without a smartalecky friend...

One of my dearest and loveliest friends, Bootsie, recently moved away to Alabama. I've known her for about around 7 years and in those 7 years we've laughed ourselves into stupors and have agreed on absolutely everything from books to boys. We've also agreed on absolutely nothing and have argued in the way only 13 year old girls know how to do (dramatically and viciously). Thank goodness we've also always made up like 13 year old girls too (dramatically, yes, but also sincerely).

Bootsie moved because she wanted a change, to be some place different and to do something different. I am so proud of her for wanting to shake things up and challenge herself in her life. I just don't like that it has to happen 8 hours away...

Anyway, Bootsie also introduced me to the wonderfully bizarre and brilliant "Garfield minus Garfield." It's a blog (and I quote) "dedicated to removing Garfield from the Garfield comic strips in order to reveal the existential angst of a certain young Mr. Jon Arbuckle." Who knew that without the lasagna lovin' cat - Jon's life would become a series of three panelled Kafka stories? (Thanks, B., for the philosophical crisis... and I hope your unpacking is going well!)



(all comic strips from "Garfield minus Garfield")

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails