Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sea Glass

Image courtesy of littlebird2009 via flickr

There is something so simply beautiful about sea glass. Is it the marriage of a man-made thing to the natural world? Could it be the incredible array of color? Maybe it is the smooth perfection...no matter the reason, it is something I could look at it all day....
Image courtesy of candyonthebeach via flickr


 
It seems I am not the only one who appreciates beach glass. In A Passion for Sea Glass, author Carol Lambert goes beyond the art of collection and discusses how artisans have incorporated these rainbow shards in their work. Amy Wilton's photography illustrates the beauty of the glass in every incarnation. 

My favorite pieces are those in the shades of seafoam green and the lightest blues. I realized recently that my house is missing a jar of beach glass and this summer I plan to change that.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails